“ If that plane leaves the ground and you’re not with him, you’ll regret it — maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life. ”
Rick, Casablanca, 1942
Dax’s VFR Flight Planner and FAA Flight Plan Forms
Free PDF Downloads
- Simple, streamlined layout with room for 11 check points
- Radio frequency column: An easy to read vertical table for all the enroute and terminal radio frequencies you’ll need (or might need)
- More logical column placement: The heading and altitude columns are prominent and right next to each other. The check point column is off-set and strongly emphasized between the altitude and route columns.
- Smarter use of space: The roomy check point and route columns have enough space for clear descriptions and cross-country navigation notes as well as VOR courses (e.g. “Remain East of PCH to Avoid MOA” or “SXC 170º”), while the wind calculation columns are compact and can even be folded out of the way.
- VFR navigation log (NavLog) boxes
- At-a-glance airport pattern and runway information box
- Distance-time chart
- Light, alternating shading improves readability and photocopies clearly
- Reverse side contains standard FAA flight plan and weather briefing form plus weight & balance calculation chart.
- No batteries required!